Master of Electroacoustic Music Composition – MCE
Electroacoustic, real-time electronic music, field recordings, algorithmic composition and sound installations
Electroacoustic music, sound, real-time electronic art, field recordings, algorithmic and generative music composition, Max / MSP, SuperCollider, interactive systems, sound installations, improvisation with new technologies.
All these areas are ramifications of an approach to musical creation whose origin is the knowledge of the sound field and the electroacoustic medium.
This training plan combines aesthetic reflections with scientific and technical knowledge in an approach whose ultimate goal is electroacoustic composition. Electrocoustic is understood in a broad sense that includes different creative musical events of our time, such as contemporary composition, experimental music and sonic art.
In addition, the electroacoustic medium allows connections between music and other artistic disciplines such as performance, contemporary dance, film and visual arts, and between the areas of ‘classical’ music and ‘underground’ music. In addition, the knowledge acquired will provide powerful tools for pedagogy, interpretation and musicology.
I. Musical creation with new technologies
- Creation and audio processing in a graphical environment (Max / MSP)
- Creation and audio processing with programming language (SuperCollider)
- Computer-assisted algorithmic composition (SuperCollider)
II. Electroacoustic in real time
- Live electronics (Max / MSP)
- Improvisation and interpretation with new technologies
- Interactive systems and sound installations
III. Historical and aethetic subjects
- History of electroacoustic music
- Music and technology: aesthetic and critical thinking
IV. Scientific and technical subjects
- Physical-mathematical foundations of music and sound
- Recording and mastering techniques for electroacoustic music
- Technique and practice of field recording
V. Creative projects and interpretation
- Creating and individual mentored research
- Creation of works
VI. Research Master Thesis
- Single payment at the time of enrollment
- Fractionated payment in 2 installments; the first at the time of enrollment and the second in February of the enrolled course
- Fractionated payment in 10 monthly installments from September to June of the course enrolled
- Fractionated payment in 12 monthly installments from July to June of the course enrolled