Master’s Degree in Solo Interpretation of Spanish Music, Modern and Contemporary (MISME)
We put Spanish art and culture at the service
REGISTRATION FOR 2019-2020 OPEN
The Master's Degree in Solo Interpretation of Spanish Music, Modern and Contemporary (MISME) offers a complete program in Spanish music. You will discover the repertoire and performance of the most outstanding domains of Spanish music: guitar, voice, piano and violin from the 18th to the 20th century.
The high level of the master is guaranteed by two complementary sides: theory and practice. The first one is devoted to the Spanish folklore, Spanish Music History, its genres and forms. Our top-tier team of specialized teachers ensures a fully understanding of the Spanish music character, always applying theory to the performance.
Furthermore, practical seminars are organized around the main Spanish music composers and masterpieces. Icon performers of the Spanish repertoire (such as Ainhoa Arteta, Marta Zabaleta, Mayte Martín, or Pedro Mateo, among others) will share their perspective and technical solutions for each instrument. The joint attendance of singers, pianists and guitarists at these seminars will greatly expand their knowledge of Spanish music. Finally, all students will receive individual lessons with high level teachers of each field of expertise.
I. Theoretical and practical foundations of the Spanish music performance
- Assimilation and performance of Spanish music repertoire from 18th century to the present days for soloist and soloist with orchestra
- Professional, physical and emotional coaching of the performer
II. Theory and analysis of Spanish music, its performance and historical background
- Spanish folklore for performers
- Genres and forms of Spanish music for performers
- History and aesthetics of Spanish music for performers
III. Master thesis
- Recital / concert
- Master thesis discussion
With the collaboration of:
As part of the Master, the students will have the opportunity of taking part as soloist performers in the following international festivals:
- #KlassicFest in the Auditorio Caja de Música de CentroCentro Cibeles, Madrid.
- Noches del Real Sitio, in the Teatro Canónigos of La Granja de San Ildefonso, Segovia.
- Los Nocturnos de Cibeles, in the Auditorio Caja de Música of CentroCentro Cibeles, Madrid.
- Caprichos del Romanticismo, in the Museo Nacional del Romanticismo, Madrid.
Each year, the Fundación Katarina Gurska holds a soloist contest for the Master students with the aim of selecting performers which will have the privilege of acting as soloists at the head of our three orchestras: Orquesta Sinfónica del Real Sitio (Real Sitio Symphonic Orchestra), Orquesta de Cámara (Chamber Orchestra) and Orquesta de la Academia de Dirección (Conducting Academy Orchestra).