The Katarina Gurska Institute for Artistic Research (IKG) is a laboratory for the arts and humanities providing the global community the time, space and freedom to create and inspire.
Located on the Canonigos Teatre at the Royal Site of San Ildefonso, Segovia, the IKG integrates practiced based performing arts with the resources coming from humanistic disciplines, such as scientific research and the inspiration from the visual arts.
The IKG was born with the aim of covering the needs of a new generation of artists who aspire to transform society through research, practice and dissemination of new forms of artistic expression and their interdisciplinary application.
Our raison d’être
- Society demands new forms of artistic expression according to our times.
- Need to contribute to the development of the sector in line with international trends.
- Establish links with other countries and cultures by fostering understanding through the arts.
- To join efforts and resources within a common project between researchers and professionals.
- Promote collaborative projects in which music provides added value in socio-educational development.
- To acknowledge and face the artistic challenges of our time from reflection and experimentation.