Master in Electroacoustic and New Media Composition – MCE
Electroacoustic, real-time electronic music, field recordings, algorithmic composition and sound installations
Mixed music (acoustic instruments and electronics), electroacoustic music for fixed media (acousmatics), real-time electronics, recording techniques, algorithmic composition for instrumental and electronic music, Max/MSP, SuperCollider, interactive systems, sound installations, improvisation with new technologies.
All these areas constitute ramifications of an approach to musical creation whose origin is the knowledge of the sound field and the electroacoustic medium.
This training plan combines aesthetic reflections with scientific and technical knowledge in an approach whose ultimate goal is electroacoustic composition. Electrocoustic is understood in a broad sense that includes different creative musical events of our time, such as contemporary composition, experimental music and sonic art.
In addition, the electroacoustic medium allows connections between music and other artistic disciplines such as performance, contemporary dance, film and visual arts, and between the areas of ‘classical’ music and ‘underground’ music. The knowledge acquired will provide powerful tools for pedagogy, interpretation and musicology. All of the above provides an interdisciplinary approach, which will allow those interested in other disciplines to gain a privileged solvency when refocusing and complementing their corresponding areas.
I. Musical creation with new technologies
- Sound creation in graphical environment (MaxMSP)
- Sound creation in programming environment (SuperCollider)
- Algorithmic composition and generative music
- Videocreation and visual music
- Graphics and compositional strategies with new media
II. Electroacoustic in real time
- Live electronics
- Sound installations and interactive systems
- Performance and improvisation with new technologies
III. Historical and aesthetic content
- History of electroacoustic and new media music
- Music and technology: aesthetics and critical thinking
IV. Scientific and technical subjects
- Field recording technique and practice
- Recording and mastering techniques for electroacoustic music
- Fundamentals of applied acoustics
V. Creative and research projects
- Creation and individual supervised research
- Production of works in different formats
- Master's thesis research work